What Causes Online Faxes To Fail?
Technically, online faxing is simple and very reliable
However, failures happen. Most often, it's with the e-mail side of the process. Here's the most common reasons we have seen:
First Step: Check your junk mail and spam folders
- If your faxes are there you need to mark them as 'Not Spam'.
Sometimes, automated e-mails get tagged as spam so you may need to white-list them
You received a spam fax and marked the e-mail as spam
- If you marked a particular fax as spam, it would block ALL e-mails from FAXtopia
all faxes come from ...@faxtopia.com you cannot block individual spam faxes
The sender has the wrong fax number
- They may have entered your fax number wrong or transposed the numbers
Then, they keep hitting 'resend' instead of re-entering the full fax number again
The underlying carrier is having a network problem
- It's rare but the underlying data carriers can have temporary network issues
They usually resolve quickly as they will be getting a lot of complaints
You can test the line by dialing the number from your phone to see if you are getting a fax tone.
E-mail marked as spam by your internet provider
- Your e-mail provider or internet service company had decided that these automated e-mails are spam and has blocked the sender (faxtopia.com)
The fix is to 'Whitelist' the domain name with your service provider
If you continue to have problems receiving faxes feel free
contact us using e-mail, phone, or, even by fax!